Exchange Hybrid Ports Cheat Sheet
When working with Exchange I sometimes come to clients who already have a hybrid exchange configured environment. In many cases this is when the hybrid configuration does not work. To make things easier for myself, I created an overview that eliminates the pain of firewalls and networks.
To help you guys out in these situations i share my ports overview document with you, The document is mentions as a cheat sheet this means that you can adjust it and present it to the customers network team.
There are always some requirements for a Exchange hybrid environment
- External IP for a seperate Hybrid flow that resolves to hybrid.domain.nl
- You need to be sure that the hybrid server is part of the mail environment
- Make sure autodiscover is set the right way
- The Exchange server which is used for the Hybrid configuration needs to be in the LAN
- Do NOT forget the Exchange online and Exchange online protection URL’s
- If you do not have an external IP use the external IP of the autodiscover.
Click here to read other posts for more Exchange related posts.